Responsive Website Design
Responsive Websites adjust to fit the device they
are being view on.
In the field of Web design and development, we’re
quickly getting to the point of being unable to keep up
with the endless new resolutions and devices. For many
websites, creating a website version for each resolution
and new device would be impossible, or at least
Responsive Web design is the approach that suggests
that design and development should respond to the user’s
behavior and environment based on screen size, platform
and orientation. The design consists of a mix of
flexible grids and layouts, images and an intelligent
use of CSS media queries. As the user switches from
their laptop to iPad, the website should automatically
switch to accommodate for resolution, image size and
The benefits of a Responsive Website:
- Provides a better user experience as optimum visual experience can be obtained on whatever the device is used.
- Content is easier for users to access on smartphones and tablets without redirecting them to separate mobile sites.
- You only need to manage one set of content rather than multiple versions for different site versions.
- Time and money saved by not having to commission the design and development of separate sites.
- Google too has shown preference to responsive web designs over mobile web design for mobile sites and it might lead to better rankings in the future.
- Analytics can be helped by having a single view of all traffic.
- Sharing links and bookmarking works predictably across mobile and desktop.
Please give us a call on 01738 570007 for more information on Responsive Website Design.